ICS is seeking a full-time Art Teacher replacement for August. The successful candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, energetic, committed to urban education, and excited by the challenge of starting at a new school.
- Lead art instruction for 400 students in grades k-4
- Establish and maintain a safe, effective physical and emotional classroom environment while holding children to high academic and aesthetic standards
- Develop, utilize (and modify as needed) lesson plans; provide a scope and sequence addressing skill development
- Coordinate instruction with classroom teachers to extend student knowledge across disciplines
- Participate and assist in weekly professional development programs
- Collect and evaluate data on student progress to improve instruction and learning
- Communicate regularly with families to share student progress and help families support their child most effectively
- Incorporate feedback from observations by the Principal and other school leaders to grow as a teacher and leader
- Collaborate to design interventions and extensions for atypical students
- Bachelors degree (Master’s preferred)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Dedication to the ICS mission, culture, and values
- Belief in one’s ability to grow professionally; desire to do so
- Sense of humor
- At least two years elementary school teaching experience, preferably in an urban school system
- Demonstrated ability to engage students and deliver effective instruction
- Commitment to using data to inform instruction
- Strong belief in the ability of all children to succeed
- Highly detail oriented
Valid State Certification is helpful but not required.
To apply please complete the form below and attach a pdf of your resume.