ASSOCIATE, COMMUNITY RELATIONS & MARKETING
The Associate for Community Relations and Marketing is a key member of the Operations team, responsible for both external and internal aspects of student enrollment and community building. The successful candidate will be comfortable representing ICS to prospective parents, day care center directors and others in the community. At the same time she/he will be adept at the use of student information systems used to monitor applications/enrollment, and inform decision-making. The position reports to the Executive Director, working closely with the Principal and the Operations Manager to ensure all stakeholders have timely and accurate data and the school meets its revenue, diversity, and operational goals
- Educate parents and day care center directors about available seats at ICS and encourage applications. Visit center directors to distribute literature and meet prospective families
- Leverage social media channels like Facebook and Instagram, and other distribution channels (Mailchimp, flyering, Direct mail) to ensure awareness of ICS, particularly among under-represented populations
- Work with the ED to develop marketing messages
- Organize open houses/information sessions in Nov-April to expose families to ICS
- Strengthen the School’s existing on-line tools to ensure accurate and efficient monitoring of applications
- Assist with the drawing of the lottery and subsequent enrollment drive (April-August)
- Strengthen relationships with our diverse community to support engagement and enrollment
- Understand existing student information systems (SIS) and identify opportunities to improve them. (TeacherEase, ATS, MClass, MailChimp)
- Ensure the accurate and timely capture of data from the application and enrollment processes into the SIS
- Identify more efficient tools that can further strengthen the school’s ability to analyze trends in enrollment and departure.
- Assist the principal and the executive director in reporting on student enrollment to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the principal and the executive director in responding to community concerns
ICS is a growing school. The successful candidate is able to both develop a tactical approach to strengthen the work, and execute against the plan. He/she will enjoy meeting with a range of community stakeholders to understand their needs and develop plans responsive to them. At the same time the Associate will be comfortable manipulating and analyzing large data sets to inform the School’s tactics.
Experience and Qualifications
- Prior work in a public or private elementary school is helpful but not required
- Prior experience with data systems and marketing tools
- Attention to detail; strong work ethic
- Excellent written and spoken English; other languages a bonus but not required
- Passion for public education and the ICS mission
- Empathy for the sometimes conflicting needs of multiple stakeholders
To apply please complete the form below and attach a pdf of your resume.